Parents of Grade 3, Upper Elementary and Middle School Students: Students in Grades 3 through 8 will take the SAT 10 test next week, from Monday, May 16, through Thursday, May 19. (Grade 4 students will have a short segment of testing on Friday also.) For more information, please see the paper note that was sent home. During your child’s testing period, please do what we hope you do every day: Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep and eats a healthy breakfast before coming to school (on time). ;-)
Please Join Us for a Saturday Parent Coffee: Next week on Saturday, May 21, from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. in the Multipurpose Room, First Floor, Lower School Campus. Our Topic: Are We There Yet? Benchmarks and Expectations for Early Childhood, presented by Fabiana Arruda, Primary Teacher & Coordinator and Preeti Poddar, Upper Elementary Teacher. Please click here to RSVP.
- Enjoy bagels and coffee while you connect with
other families and learn more about Early Childhood development.
- Child care will be provided for WFM students only (maximum 20 students; please RSVP for your child when you register).
- Karen Westman and Chris Toomer, our Co-Heads of
School, along with Allison Schneider, our Associate Head of School, will
host this coffee for WFM parents and friends of the school.
- We hope you can join us in the Lower School Multipurpose Room on Saturday morning, May 21!
Traffic and parking problems at arrival time are an ongoing issue for Portside residents and other neighbors. We have received more complaints about school families, and we urge everyone to drive and park safely, follow traffic and parking rules and be considerate of our neighbors here in Paulus Hook.
Please DO NOT block driveways or the street as you briefly park to drop off your children.
Please follow these specific rules to maintain safe driving, parking and walking for everyone:
- DO NOT triple park anywhere.
- DO NOT double park on the far side of the street.
- IF YOU MUST DOUBLE PARK, please keep to the school side of the street.
- DO NOT park in a way that blocks any driveway.
- DO NOT allow your children to exit on the street side of your vehicle; have children exit on the safer sidewalk side of your vehicl
- DO NOT speed in our neighborhood.
If traffic issues continue, we will ask the Jersey City Police Department to monitor our street and ticket violators.
We appreciate your cooperation in keeping our neighborhood safe and in maintaining positive relationships with school families and area residents.
WFM Summer Program Registration is Now Open!
Six Weeks - June 27 through August 5, 2016
Please click here for more information and to register online.
Ages 2-5: Lower School Campus
- Age 2: A Taste of Montessori
- Ages 3-5: Trailblazing into Montessori
Ages 6-13: Upper School Campus
- Ages 6-8: Brain Camp
- Ages 9-13: Titans of Tech
As always, we are glad to have your family as part of our Waterfront Montessori community!
Chris Viteznik, Communications Director
Calendar Notes through the end of the school year:
Monday May 16 through Friday May 20 - SAT 10 Testing, Grades 3-8
Saturday May 21 – Parent Coffee, 9:00 -11:00 a.m.
Tuesday May 24 – NJSO/NJPAC Youth Concert field trip, K and LE
Thursday May 26 – Waterfront School Foundation Gala
Friday May 27 – School closed, Faculty Planning Day
Monday May 30 – School closed, Memorial Day holiday
Wednesday June 1 – Piano/Violin/Guitar Concerts at York Street Project
Thursday & Friday, June 2 & 3 – K/EL/MS Art Exhibition, Floor 2
Thursday June 2 – Parent Coffee, Floor 2
Thursday June 9 – Last Day of School; Early Close (3:15 p.m./MS 4:00 p.m.)
Progress Reports distributed