Please mark your calendars: Sunday, November 1, Daylight Savings Time ends at 2:00 a.m. Please remember to “fall back” so that you arrive on time if you have a Parent-Teacher conference at school on Monday.
Reminder: Waterfront Montessori will be closed on Friday, October 30, for a Faculty Planning Day and will remain closed on Monday and Tuesday, November 2 and 3, for Parent-Teacher Conferences.
On Parent-Teacher Conference days:
- All-day childcare will be provided for registered Extended Day students only.
- Parents may bring students to school during their conference times.
- Middle School students are expected to attend their conferences along with their parents.
- If parents are attending conferences on both floors and plan to bring students during conference times, please be aware that all Toddler and Primary students (including Kindergarteners) must remain at the Lower School campus on the first floor where we are properly staffed to care for younger children.
- AfterSchool classes will continue as scheduled on conference days.
Halloween Movie Night! participants may be dropped off beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the main entrance of the Lower School on the first floor. All students are encouraged to wear costumes to the event. Children, including older students working at the event, should be picked up by 10:30 p.m. Everyone is looking forward to a great time!
Reminder: WFM will offer the annual Flu Vaccine Clinic for students and parents on Wednesday, November 11, beginning at 8:00 a.m. at the Lower School campus on the first floor. The vaccine will be administered on a first come, first served basis. Please watch your inbox for more details and registration forms.
- Reminder: Flu Vaccine - New Jersey State Law requires all students under five years old as of October 1, 2015, who are attending school in New Jersey to receive the influenza vaccine before December 31, 2015. If your child is required to have this vaccine, please provide proof of his or her flu vaccination for our records. If we do not have proof that he or she has received the vaccine, we must exclude the child from school until he or she receives it.
The Upper School Spanish students and Ms. Rose are collecting brown paper shopping bags and brown paper grocery bags for a special Spanish project. If you have extra brown paper bags at home, please send them in to the school offices for this special project. The Upper School students appreciate your help!
As always, we are glad to have your family as part of our WFM community. We hope that you will visit The Flow often and share what is happening at Waterfront Montessori!
Chris Viteznik, Communications Director
Friday October 30 - School Closed: Faculty Planning Day
Saturday October 31 – Halloween: Trick or Treat for UNICEF
Sunday November 1 - Daylight Savings Time ends (remember to “fall back”)
Monday & Tuesday, November 2 & 3 - School Closed: Parent/Teacher Conferences (ED Open; AfterSchool open)
Wednesday November 11 – Diwali begins; Veterans’ Day; Flu Clinic
Thursday November 12 – K/A Coffee, Floor 2
Friday November 13 – LE/UE Open Friday
Wednesday November 25 – Half Day for All Students, 12:00 p.m. Dismissal
Thursday & Friday, November 26-27 – School Closed, Thanksgiving Holiday