- Sign Up sheets for upcoming conferences will be on the sign in clipboards beginning on Monday, October 19.
- Conferences will take place on Monday and Tuesday, November 2 and 3.
- Conference times are first come, first served.
- Please sign up for a conference time when you drop off or
pick up your child.
Waterfront Montessori will be closed on Friday, October 30, for a Faculty Planning Day and will remain closed on Monday and Tuesday, November 2 and 3, for Parent-Teacher Conferences.
On Parent-Teacher Conference days:
- All-day childcare will be provided for registered Extended Day students only.
- Parents may bring students to school during their conference times.
- Middle School students are expected to attend their conferences along with their parents.
- If parents are attending conferences on both floors and plan to bring students during conference times, please be aware that all Toddler and Primary students (including Kindergarteners) must remain at the Lower School campus on the first floor where we are properly staffed to care for younger children.
- AfterSchool classes will continue as scheduled on conference days.
Parents of Primary and Lower Elementary Students: Treat your child to WFM Halloween Movie Night! on Thursday, October 29, from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Your children will enjoy a Halloween-themed event with movies, pizza, Halloween crafts and games and fun with their older friends. You enjoy a quiet evening and the UE/MS students raise money for their Spring trips! (Teachers and administrators will be on hand to supervise.) Flat rate of $60 per child: Please click here to register, then bring your payment to school.
Flu Shot Clinic: WFM will hold the annual Flu Shot Clinic on Wednesday, November 11, beginning at 8:00 a.m. Dr. Carmen Lebron of Baby Steps Pediatrics will conduct the clinic. Please watch your email inbox for more details next week.
Reminder: Flu Vaccine - New Jersey State Law requires all students under five years old as of October 1, 2015, who are attending school in New Jersey to receive the influenza vaccine before December 31, 2015. If your child is required to have this vaccine, please provide proof of his or her flu vaccination for our records. If we do not have proof that he or she has received the vaccine, we must exclude the child from school until he or she receives it.
Ancient Fire, our First LEGO League competitive robotics team, needs your help! They would appreciate donations of uncrushed 12 oz. soda cans or 12 oz. plastic water bottles for use in their FLL project. Please rinse all cans and bottles before bringing to the school office. The Ancient Fire team appreciates your support!
The Waterfront School Foundation invites you to their first event of the year: Fall Family Fun Day 2015, on Saturday, October 17, from 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. (rain or shine) at Liberty State Park, Freedom Pavilion A. Please join parents, siblings, alums and staff members for a potluck, NERF wars, pumpkin painting, sports and more. For more information, you may send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, we are glad to have your family as part of our WFM community. We hope that you will visit The Flow often and share what is happening at Waterfront Montessori!
Chris Viteznik, Communications Director
Saturday October 17 - WSF Fall Family Fun Day, Liberty State Park
Thursday October 29 - K/A Coffee; Halloween Movie Night (Prim/LE)
Friday October 30 - School Closed: Faculty Planning Day
Sunday November 1 - Daylight Savings Time ends
Monday & Tuesday, November 2 & 3 - School Closed: Parent/Teacher Conferences (ED Open; AfterSchool open)
Wednesday November 11 – Diwali begins; Veterans’ Day; Flu Clinic
Thursday November 12 – K/A Coffee, Floor 2
Friday November 13 – LE/UE Open Friday
Wednesday November 25 – Half Day for All Students, 12:00 p.m. Dismissal
Thursday & Friday, November 26-27 – School Closed, Thanksgiving Holiday